If doing e-commerce, they spend a great deal for real-time credit card processing and shopping card capabilities.
Guaranteed to fail
business model – if you build it, they will come – is guaranteed to fail. It's analogous to buying a new home but not being able to afford the mortgage payments or the utility bills.
Another mistake is lack of consistent marketing. A one-time huge and costly surge is not enough. Marketing must be
ongoing and consistent with lots of pieces to the puzzle working together. If one piece doesn't work, replace it with another that will.
Five steps to successful marketing:
Each of these steps is intrinsic to the other.
1) Find your niche - There is less competition when you're a niche. You may have less eyeballs but you get more focused buyers.
2) Viral marketing - Tell everyone about your niche. Viral marketing may sound scary but actually it's a good thing. It's the least expensive and easiest way to get the word out about your business--word-of-mouth or word-of-mouse. A recommendation from a friend or associate has more clout than spending hundreds of dollars on banner ads. Using a reliable viral marketing tool (like the purple envelope on this page) drives lots of traffic back to your site.
3) E-mail marketing - The most reliable and successful way to accomplish this is with a consistent, informative e-newsletter. E-newsletters remind your
audience of your existence and you can always link back to your site. E-newsletters should offer services and discounts as well as helpful tips. If written well, you will be perceived as an expert in
your field. E-newsletters can be easily forwarded to friends and associates, further word-of-mouthing you.
4) Content – The number one reason people use the Web is for information. If your site is devoid of information or remains static indefinitely,
it will fail. A Web site needs to entice repeat visitors in order to succeed. Another way to entice repeat visitors is with your e-newsletter.
Well-written content on the home page is extremely important. This is where you need to shine and include keywords and
keyword phrases that your audience would use to search for you. The home page must engage, letting the reader know they have arrived at a site where the information is immediate and forthcoming.
Using keywords and keyword phrases
in the home page content will be in sync with your marketing goals as well as your meta-tags, increasing chances for better rankings in search engines and directories.
Search engines and directories – Most sites make the mistake of omitting steps 1 through 4 and jump immediately to
5. This is a waste of your money. Currently search engines only index a small portion of sites. Search engines that previously were free now charge for a listing. Listings that previously took three
weeks, take three months or longer. Directories (like Yahoo!) are looking for content and ranking popularity vs. empty online brochures.
Your site will be added to search engines, directories, and related vertical sites. You would also receive
recommendations for pay-per-click services using the most requested search terms.
Plus: As a Bridge Marketing
client you automatically receive an abundance of ongoing indispensable and imaginative marketing ideas.
Take advantage of our 5-step formula for success by contacting us.
Click here if you want the essential word-of-mouth tool.
P.S. Here's an overlooked niche audience:
Are you a mainstream business craving to attract a loyal, niche market? Consider taking the path that's not always straight—the
Did you know?
- Readers of gay newspapers in 10 major media markets have an average individual income of $47,083.00. That is almost more
than twice the average of the general population.
- 94% of readers surveyed said they are likely to buy products or services advertised in gay publications.
Nationwide brands already benefiting by gay marketing include Coors, IBM, American Express, IKEA, American and United
Airlines, Absolut, State Farm Insurance, America Online, Miller Lite, Abercrombie & Fitch, Diesel Jeans, and more.
Don't panic! You don't need Miller Lite's budget. Effective advertising can be accomplished in all price ranges.
What business can benefit by attracting gay customers?
Retail, hospitality, leisure, travel, entertainment, grooming, health, fitness, food, dining, accessories, pets, art, event planners,
insurance, realtors, sports, design, financial planning, domestic services, dating, alcoholic beverages, technology, self-improvement, expensive toys, collectibles, cars, flowers, sex, furniture,
entertaining, books, music, home improvement, education, telecommunications, vanity, motorcycles, business opportunities… virtually all businesses.